Thomson Park Synthetic Surface
- Client: Willoughby Council
- Principal: Polytan STI
- Date: June April 2015 – August 2015
- The site was previously being used by the local public school as their school oval during school hours and a common council mixed use facility during the other times.
- Shortage of all-weather facilities available to the public. As well as a training facility for soccer and cricket for local junior teams
- Usage of approx. 50 hours/week anticipated between the adjoining public school and local junior sporting teams
Demolition and Excavation
- Demolition of existing soccer pitch and cricket wicket, including stripping of grass and topsoil for relocation to Northbridge Golf Club
- Removal of existing retaining wall and perimeter fencing from site and construction of new
- Construction of retaining walls (corefilled besser incl render) to retain spoil
- Removal of redundant irrigation and electrical services ( power put under ground)
Base Specifications and Drainage
- All surfaces are designed specific to site, the excavation exercise at Thomson Park undertaken with the intent limit the amount of spoil to be removed from site (other than grass and topsoil
- Shaping cut / fill and importation of sandstone filling due to shortfall in suitable site material
- Base build, ~2 layers of 100mm recycled DGB20 ensuring exacting tolerances on the surface finish before pad and grass laid.
- The field is built with a 1.66% diagonal 2 way fall, spoon drains on the perimeter (with pits).
- 160mm aglines at 6m centres installed parallel the the new playing surface
- Main collector line of stormwater 300-375mm dia UPVC connecting into existing pit network outside of the works footprint.
- Laser guided equipment used to achieve desired tolerances.
- Polytan STI supplied and installed a 10mm insitu poured shockpad with sand and SBR infilled grass.
- This warranty exists for boots as well as flat soled shoes