Lindfield Sports Centre
- LSC home of Lindfield Football Club (1800 playing members)
- The site was originally built for lawn bowls (West Lindfield Sport and Recreation Club), and this is the conversion of 2 bowling greens to 5-a-side football (3081m2)
- Construction possible with help of NSW Department of Sport & Rec and State Government – helped with funding as a pilot for underutilised sporting facilities
- Shortage of all-weather facilities available to the public. As well as a training facility for Lindfield Football Club members, the LSC will run a number of football competitions during the calendar year.
- Usage of approx. 30 hours/week anticipated and the surface area/user is small hence high intensity impact
- Lindfield Football Club/Lindfield Sports Centre – drivers/principal
- Other Stakeholders – West Lindfield Sport & Recreation Club, Ku-Ring-Gai Municipal Council, NSW State Government, Clubs NSW, Department of Sport & Recreation, NAB (provided loan facility), local schools, local community
- Northern Contracting Group – Head Contractor
- TigerTurf – sub contractor of supply and install of synthetic grass system
Demolition and Excavation
- Demolition of existing bowling greens, including stripping of grass and topsoil
- Removal of asbestos edging from site and validation of site by occupational hygienist.
- All excavated material retaining on site, and spread for viewing mound and improved planting area
- Construction of retaining walls (Timber Sleeper) to retain spoil to avoid any offsite disposal.
- Removal of redundant irrigation and electrical services ( power put under ground)
Base Specifications and Drainage
- All surfaces are designed specific to site, the excavation exercise at LSC undertaken with the intent to retain spoil on site (landscape features, extension of a platform etc)
- Base build includes HDPE layer on subgrade, ~150mm porous recycled aggregate, a blinding layer – ensuring exacting tolerances on the surface finish before pad and grass laid.
- The field is built with a 0.6% 2 way fall, spoon drains on 2 sides (with pits), kerb on other 2.
- A french drain runs the 2 low sides and at the low corner a large pit collects and releases to the bush beyond
- Main collector line of stormwater 300mm dia UPVC, mega flow drainage cell in French drain connecting into pit network.
- Laser guided equipment used to achieve desired tolerances.
- TigerTurf supplied and installed a 10mm Regupol preformed shockpad with Endurance 40 (sand/SBR infilled grass).
- This system has yarn that has a 5 year unlimited use durability warranty
- This warranty exists for boots as well as flat soled shoes
- This is the same system (albeit 50mm grass) that has been used at the Knox 5-a-side facility in Victoria which has had a much higher usage rate since inception late 2011.
- Fencing system to field perimeter 3.8m high + 1.40m high netting
- 4 x access gates to field
- 1 x oversize maintenance access
- All fencing black powder coated chain wire fencing
- 2 x full length retractable curtains separating playing fields (5.4m high)
- 4 x tie back post engineered to support curtain and anchor support wire
- 8 x 10m high powder black coated tapered light poles ( 100lux in lowest lumination spot)
- Cast insitu concrete pile foundation engineered to support post
- Existing dilapidated car park surface ( bitumen)
- Extension to the car park area of approx. 200m2
- Localised regrading and base rectification.
- Installation of full perimeter timber edging
- Profiling of existing bitumen surface and relaying with 2 coat seal
- Full line marking, signage , disabled symbols, arrows, wheel stops, bike racks to ensure compliance with relevant Australian Standard
Other (Acoustic Wall/disability access etc.
- Full DDA access compliance works to site and club house
- 4m high cranked, acoustic timber fence to street frontage ( lapped, capped and painted)
Planting privacy Screen and other soft landscaping works
Service upgrade Works
- New hydrant booster assembly, fire hydrant point, new hose reels and covers ( BCA compliance)
- Upgrade to electrical reticulation, replacement of electrical switch board , including the upgrade of emergency lighting and exit signage for BCA compliance
Provision of pedestrian bollard lighting to walk ways into property and DDA access ramp
- A full Operations & Maintenance Manual supplied, which includes many regular club tasks.
- An initial quarterly service by TigerTurf which will be reviewed for frequency after 1 year
- No spoil removed from site
- The Endurance grass being able to be played on with boots or flat soled shoes, and the 5 year unlimited play durability warranty (from yarn manufacturer)
- The bowling green already provided a fantastic vertical drainage system